Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to develop an app?
The cost of an app depends upon its level of complexity and sophistication. Apps that require server interaction and game apps with high-level graphics or animation usually cost significantly more to make. Also, apps that utilize voice recognition, visual recognition, and other emerging technologies require a greater effort and thus cost more to develop. However, a good ballpark range to build an app with relatively standard functionality is $2500 - $5500.
How long does it take to develop an app?
The amount of time it takes to create an app is directly proportional to its level of complexity and sophistication. However, most apps with standard functionality can be created in under one month.
When my app is completed, who owns the copyrights?
United States copyright law states that in any "work for hire" scenario, the client / employer retains the copyrights to all work produced. Therefore, you (the customer) will always own the full copyrights to any software produced by Gatsby's Light.
How do I make money from my completed app?
The highest grossing apps are those that either capture the public's attention or appeal to a very specific demographic. We would all love to develop the next runaway hit like Angry Birds, but savvy developers identify a problem within a certain demographic and create an app to solve that problem. In the case of Apple, once your app is active on the App Store, you will receive 70% of the total revenue your app generates.Read More
List Of Questions
- How much can I make?
- Can my app be rejected?
- Do I have to own a business?
- What outside costs are involved?
- Can someone steal my idea?
- Has someone already done this?
- Will you partner / work on commission?
- Do I need a website?
- Can I sell you my idea?
- Will you help me upload the app?
- Do I have to keep track of sales tax?
- Can I distribute my app to employees?
- Which is better Apple or Android?
- Will I need to advertize my app?
- Are there any legal issues involved?
- What can't my app do?
- What if my app requires a server?
- Will I ever have to work with the code?